130 Social Media Image Ideas for Posting, Pinning, and Sharing
We have been using images more and more to share and connect with the world. While content is king, visuals are increasingly becoming the common standard.
Here is a list of ideas to create visuals (pictures, posts, memes, videos) that can be used to inspire your next social media image
Table of Contents
How to use the table of ideas
- To make hashtags, just remove the spacing and add # at the beginning
- Use a stock photo or a personal photo.
- Mix it up, There’s enough here that you can have something different each day of the month.
|Sunday||Selfie Sunday||Sunday Fun Day||Sunday read||Sunday Spotlight|
|Sunday||Sunday Startup||Sunday Sweat||Weekend Vibes||Science Sunday|
|Sunday||Sunday Brunch||SelfCare Sunday||Special Sunday||Sunday Solitude|
|Sunday||Sunday blessings||Sunday Scriptures||Sunday Shopping||Seasonal Sunday|
|Monday||Monday Blues||Manic Monday||Motivation Monday||Monday Blues|
|Monday||Music Monday||Meatless Monday||Maxout Monday||Marketing Monday|
|Monday||Mindful Monday||Manicure Monday||Mindful Monday||Man Crush Monday|
|Monday||Monday Morning Mood||Monday Vibes||Mondays Suck||Monday Coffee|
|Monday||Monday Funday||Movement Monday||Monday memories||Meow Monday|
|Tuesday||Travel Tuesday||Tech Tuesday||Tuesday Tasting||Tuesday Shoe Day|
|Tuesday||Tip Tuesday||Transformation Tuesday||Good News Tuesday||Tuesday Tunes|
|Tuesday||Turn in early Tuesday||Take me back Tuesday||Tasty Tuesday||Trendy Tuesday|
|Tuesday||Topic Tuesday||Tuesday treat||Tune Tuesday||Tongue Out Tuesday|
|Tuesday||Taco Tuesday||Time Hop Tuesday||Tricked out Tuesday||Tuesday Treasure|
|Wednesday||Wellness Wednesday||Wednesday Wisdom||Hump Day||Win It Wednesday|
|Wednesday||Woman crush Wednesday||Workout Wednesday||Way back Wednesday||Woof Wednesday|
|Wednesday||Winesday||Wine Wednesday||Wacky Wednesday||Women Wednesday|
|Wednesday||Working women Wednesday||Wonderful Wednesday||Wednesday Wishes||Wednesday Local Events|
|Thursday||Throwback Thursday||Thursday Thoughts||TGIT||Timeless Thursday|
|Thursday||Thankful thursday||Thursdate||Thirsty Thursday||Thoughtful Thursday|
|Friday||FlashBack Friday||TGIF||Fearless Friday||Fashion Friday|
|Friday||Foodie Friday||Follow Friday||Fact Friday||Happy Friday|
|Friday||Friday Funday||Friday reads||Follow Friday||Feature Friday|
|Friday||Fitness Friday||Friday fun||Friday night||Fact Friday|
|Friday||Freebie Friday||Funny Friday||Feel Good Friday||Favorite Friday|
|Saturday||Caturday||Saturday style||Saturday Sweat||Saturday Special|
|Saturday||Saturday Sale||Saturday NIght||Saturday night fever||Saturday Shout out|
|Saturday||Saturday swag||Social Saturday||Saturday Solitude||Social Justice Saturday|
Other ideas that work for every day of the week
- Post an inspirational quote
- Share something funny somebody said or did
- Share a contradiction or a life puzzle
- Take a picture of your workspace
- Share a before and after picture
- Share a picture of an employee, family, or friend
- Share an event that you are excited about
- Post something seasonal
- Share a picture about an event you recently attended
- Share your dream…. (vacation, home, car)
- Share a statistic
- Share your latest blog post, video, etc.
- Share a ‘real’ picture (when you first wake up, evening routine)
- Shout out your local favorite spot
- Share something that is heartbreaking
- Share something that is inspirational
- Translate it into another language
- Share a coupon for your e-commerce store
- Share a link to download your free or paid content
Free Resources to create visuals
Free stock photos
Free resources to create a meme
Free resource to schedule your post
- Later allows you to schedule ..for free per month
- 30 Instagram posts
- 50 Twitter posts
- 30 PInterest post
- 30 Facebook posts
If you haven’t heard of SiteGround, you are going to be amazed. I started off not knowing anything about web hosting or anything. I was LOST. I was trying to get a WordPress site transferred over to Siteground and gave up.
The customer service rep chatted with me for over 2 hours until I had everything taken care of. They are available 24/7. No sending emails to someone and hoping for a response.
They are fantastic.
I have never had a problem with my site going down or running out of space. If you aren’t on Siteground you need to get started today
How to find content that is easy to share
Create a Google Alert. Google alerts are easy to create and give you tons of relevant, content that is up-to-date and easy to share
- Go to Google Alerts
- Create an alert about something related to your business (piano lessons)
- It will populate a list of items that Google would send
- If you don’t like them, try to change the wording, if you are only interested in piano lessons include quotation marks ,“” “piano lessons”
- Click show options
- Choose which ones to send you.
- It will populate a list of items that Google would send
- Next, you don’t want to clutter your email too much, so when the first alert gets sent, filter the message into a new folder (you can use filter in most email platforms, I use G-mail exclusively
- When you get the alert, open the message
- Next to the arrow where you went reply, forward, etc.. you will see 3 vertical dots, click on them
- Click → Filter messages like this → Create Filter
- Skip the inbox
- Apply the label → you can create the folder here if you haven’t done so yet
- Also apply filter to XX messages
- Now, when the email comes to you, it will skip your inbox and be filtered into that folder.
- Read the alerts and the content. Many have options to share, share on your social media profile. Add something to it, tell your reader why they should read it as well. This is an easy way to get post out when you are running out of time.
Final tips to get to you to the finish line
- If you can, connect it to your business.
- Not everything has to be connected to your business. People enjoy connecting to you and your personal story
- Create your own hashtag and use it.
- Post your company logo or name on the post
- Find ways to inspire creativity. Look around your environment, home, office, outdoors for ideas. Surround yourself with creativity. Look at these coffee mugs & coffee containers. These are sure to help you when you are stuck. Keep them warm with the coffee warmer.
- Think of how you can expand your market. If you are a B2B, can you connect to B2C, and vice versa.
- Think globally. Do you enjoy a particular culture or enjoy traveling overseas? Think of how you can incorporate it into your postings.
- Sign up for Shutterstock’s photo of the week. You get a free high quality photo each week that you can use.
- Use your own photos. While stock photos are great, you start seeing the same ones everywhere. Add a copyright onto it and then use it.
- Consider hiring a Freelancer to create your images for you, such as Fiverr.
- Carry a little notebook and a pen/pencil with you everywhere. I found that I can create little bits of ideas when I don’t’ have to pull out my phone, unlock it, open an app.
- This 12 pack of notebooks would fit easily in your purse, backpack, case, etc.
- Use other programs, suc
- h as Kartra, to handle more of the time consuming stuff such as checkouts, funnels, campaigns, and building leads.
- Use Trello to help you map our what you plan on posting for the month.
- Consider upgrading to more quality photos such as Adobe Stock Photos.
- Spy on your competitors. SEMrush allows you to see which hashtags your competitors are using. This is THE best tool for (look away) spying on your competitors. You can see what social media programs they are using and use those same hashtags. You can find out where do they get those coveted black links. So much more, 7 days free trial is included. You can finally understand not only where you stand but where your competitors outrank you so you can join them in their elitist club!
This was over 130 ideas to get you going with creating your visuals. Visuals can help you showcase your work when looking for guest blogging ideas, just make sure you have all your rights protected.